Advanced Open Water
Advanced Open Water is recognition rating, there is no specific course.
Our philosophy is that a diver who holds this certification should be well on their way to being a top notch diver. This is not something you can achieve in a few days.
Advanced Open Water divers have the experience and knowledge to safely dive in a wide array of situations and environments
How It Works
Advanced Open Water is a recognition rating, there is no specific course to take. To qualify as a Advanced Open Water Diver you need:
The online learning courses can be completed over a span of a few hours to a few days, depending on what Specialty Courses you pursue. Once you complete the online learning, we get you out on the water to complete the required dives for your courses! Each course varies based on how many dives you need to complete your requirements.
What to Bring
- Having your own gear is great, but not necessary: we include all of the rental gear in the price!
- You can bring a towel, sunglasses & maybe a hat for the boat trips (we have a dry storage area).
- Bring your underwater camera & its waterproof casing to get the best shots!
- We provide drinking water, fresh pineapple & snacks, but you can also bring your own.
- The minimum age is 10 years old.
- To dive, you must have basic swimming skills and overall physical fitness.
- You must complete a medical questionnaire, and may need a doctor’s approval if you have any disqualifying conditions.
- If you have questions, please contact Hawaiian Diving Adventures to discuss your particular circumstances before registration.
- When scheduling your dives, you must allow at least 18 hours after diving before flying. This is important — you cannot fly the same day after scuba diving.
* The cost and time commitment of this program depends on which Specialty Courses you choose, and the number of dives you need to complete the twenty four required dives.
Courses must be booked over the phone: call now at 808-232-3193.
Contact Hawaiian Diving Adventures with any questions, or to sign up for your next class!