Basic Diver (Introductory Dives)
Hawaiian Diving Adventures
Join us for our Basic Diver (Discover Scuba Diving) program and learn the fundamental safety guidelines and skills needed to scuba dive with a dive instructor. Our introductory dives are small groups of one to four people, led by an instructor whose primary focus is your safety, comfort, and enjoyment. Larger groups of people can spook the marine wildlife, so our smaller, private charters ensure the best possible experience.
- We start right at 10:30 am: you check in at our boat, and start a quick on-shore training session.
- We review the basic information and skills you need to safely dive and have a fun time. Each dive lasts 25-45 minutes, depending on your air consumption.
- In between dives, we serve snacks and fresh pineapple. Drinking water is also available.
- Finally, we return to the dock around 2:00-2:30 pm.
How It Works
- After the safety briefing and short instructional session, we head out on the boat for the quick ride to our incredible reefs.
- Your instructor helps you put on your dive gear, and you jump in with them.
- After a few quick skill reviews, we descend together to about 30′ (9m).
- You have fun swimming around and exploring while putting those basic diver skills to good use.
- You do two shallow reef dives with an instructor right by your side.
- While not a scuba certification course, this program is a quick and easy introduction to explore the underwater world!
Where You Go & What You See
What to Bring
- All you need is a swimsuit for the first day: all of the dive gear is included!
- If you bring a change of clothes for after class, there are beach showers and restrooms.
- You can bring a towel, sunglasses & maybe a hat for the boat trips (we have a dry storage area).
- Bring your underwater camera & its waterproof casing to get the best shots!
- We provide drinking water, fresh pineapple & snacks, but you can also bring your own.
- The minimum age is 10 years old.
- To dive, we require basic swimming skills and overall physical fitness.
- You must complete a medical questionnaire and may need a doctor’s approval if you have any disqualifying conditions.
- If you have questions, please contact Hawaiian Diving Adventures to discuss your particular circumstances before registration.
- When scheduling your dives, allow at least 18 hours after diving before flying. This is important — you cannot fly the same day after scuba diving.
Contact us with any questions or to sign you up!