Hawaiian Diving Adventures
Divemasters are truly the backbone of the dive industry. Divemasters get paid to lead certified divers on fun dives, assist in new diver courses, and teach snorkeling and ecology classes. This internship program gives you the training and experience to tackle almost anything that the professional scuba industry throws at you!
The Divemaster Internship is a unique program designed to give students real world experiences working under the guidance of our instructors, leading real people on open water dives. Interns will get the opportunity to put into action all of the theory learned in their Dive Guide course.
This program is specifically aimed at getting you the experience you need to be a great instructor.
Best of all, this program is FREE
Interns will also receive the Science of Diving certification
How It Works
- 60 logged dives
- Dive Guide
- React Right (or equivalent) within 24 months
- Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Divemaster Interns work with us on real charters. Interns are expected to participate in no fewer than 30 charters or sessions. They will participate in all levels of diving and training from introductory dives, courses, and leading certified divers.
This process usually takes about 8-10 weeks but may be modified based on the intern’s schedule.
What to Bring
- All divers who are working their way towards earning a Divemaster Certification must own their own equipment. This includes a wetsuit, fins, mask, snorkel, BCD, regulator, gauge, and dive computer.
- You can bring a towel, sunglasses & maybe a hat for the boat trips (we have a dry storage area).
- We provide drinking water, fresh pineapple & snacks, but you can also bring your own.
- The minimum age is 18 years old.
- Certified in First Aid/CPR/AED/O2 provider (React Right) within the last 24 months.
- Must have doctor’s approval to dive within the last 12 months
- If you have questions, please contact Hawaiian Diving Adventures to discuss your particular circumstances before registration.
- When scheduling your training dives, you must allow at least 18 hours after diving before flying. This is important — you cannot fly the same day after scuba diving.
Divemaster interns will receive the Science of Diving certification as well as the Divemaster recognition rating.
Divemasters are then qualified to attend an Instructor Training Course
* Minimum of 50 dives
Courses must be booked over the phone: call now at 808-232-3193.