Hawaiian Diving Adventures
Divemasters are truly the backbone of the dive industry. Divemasters get paid to lead certified divers on fun dives, assist in new diver courses, and teach snorkeling and ecology classes. This course gives you the training and experience to tackle almost anything that the professional scuba industry throws at you!
How It Works
What to Bring
- All divers who are working their way towards earning a Divemaster Certification must own their own equipment. This includes a wetsuit, fins, mask, snorkel, BCD, regulator, gauge, and dive computer.
- You can bring a towel, sunglasses & maybe a hat for the boat trips (we have a dry storage area).
- Bring your underwater camera & its waterproof casing to get the best shots!
- We provide drinking water, fresh pineapple & snacks, but you can also bring your own.
- The minimum age is 15 years old. (You must be 18 years old to work as an active status Professional Dive Guide).
- You must have specialty certifications or documented experience in the following areas: Deep Diving, Night & Limited Visibility, and Underwater Navigation.
- Have a Diver Stress and Rescue certification or equivalent.
- Must have logged at least 40 open water dives.
- Certified in First Aid/CPR/AED (React Right) within the last 24 months.
- Must have doctor’s approval to dive within the last 12 months
- If you have questions, please contact Hawaiian Diving Adventures to discuss your particular circumstances before registration.
- When scheduling your training dives, you must allow at least 18 hours after diving before flying. This is important — you cannot fly the same day after scuba diving.
Divemaster is a recognition rating, there is no course. Divemasters are qualified to independently lead certified divers in a professional capacity. Divemasters also act as certified assistants, helping instructors with entry-level courses and experiences.
* Gratuity for the captain and crew is voluntary, but if you have a great time on your dives, it is customary to tip 10-20%.
Courses must be booked over the phone: call now at 808-232-3193.