Hawaiian Diving Adventures
Want to do what we do? Want to learn our scuba secrets? Become a professional, go diving, get paid for it. Dive Guide is your first step down the professional path.
The Dive Guide Program is designed for those who like to travel, work overseas, or may be looking for a part time position. Dive Guides guide certified divers but do not assist with courses or supervise student and non-certified divers.
Dive Guide Program is the most intense single program offered by HDA. This program is designed to give students all the skills needed to be a safe diver as well as the knowledge and expertise to also be a great dive professional.
How It Works
Many boat dives around the world work in different ways. The online e-Learning component is important as it covers many of the concepts that you may find in other places. Once you finish the e-Learning, we spend a day diving from a boat.
This course can be done on any of our boat charters. We typically prefer the 11 am Coral Reef dives as they provide a more casual experience that is better suited to learning about the boat.
What to Bring
- Having your own gear is great, but not necessary: we include all of the rental gear in the price!
- You can bring a towel, sunglasses & maybe a hat for the boat trips (we have a dry storage area).
- Bring your underwater camera & its waterproof casing to get the best shots!
- We provide drinking water, fresh pineapple & snacks, but you can also bring your own.
- You must be Open Water Diver certified (or equivalent).
- The minimum age is 10 years old.
- To dive, you must have basic swimming skills and overall physical fitness.
- You must complete a medical questionnaire and may need a doctor’s approval if you have any disqualifying conditions.
- If you have questions, please contact Hawaiian Diving Adventures to discuss your particular circumstances before registration.
- When scheduling your training dives, you must allow at least 18 hours after diving before flying. This is important — you cannot fly the same day after scuba diving.
Boat Diving Specialty Certificate
Upon completion of all academic and in-water requirements, including the final exam, your instructor issues the Boat Diving Specialty certification card.
Courses must be booked over the phone: call now at 808-232-3193.