Scuba Skills Update (Refresher)
Hawaiian Diving Adventures
Scuba Skills Update (Refresher):Has it been a while since you last dove? Certain dive classes and many dive operations require you to have current dive skills and recent diving experience. Maybe you simply forgot some of your scuba skills and want a refresher to brush up on your technique. Our Scuba Skills Update course is the perfect way to review and practice with a dive instructor. In this class, you go through all of the important scuba skills you learned in your Open Water Diver class. Then, you receive a recognition card that you can use to sign up for advanced training classes. Plus you get to enjoy two shallow reef dives! It’s definitely worthwhile to refresh your skills: it’s more fun when you can safely and confidently scuba dive. Courses must be booked over the phone: call now at 808-232-3193.
How It Works
The Scuba Skills Update/Refresher course is somewhat informal, as every diver needs a different amount of training. In this case, it depends on how long you have been out of the water. This course takes you out on our shallow Coral Reef dives with an instructor. To begin with, the instructor helps you set up your gear and get into the water. Along the way, they answer any questions that may have come up. Depending on your needs, we may also review some of the skills you learned in your Open Water Diver course.
This course is conducted on our Coral Reef dives, every day at 11:00 am. There is no classroom session, and as the dives are shallow and easy, there is no need for a pool session!
You must book courses over the phone: call now at 808-232-3193.
What to Bring
- Having your own gear is great, but not required, as we include all rental gear!
- Bring a towel, sunglasses, and maybe a hat for the boat trips (we have a dry storage area).
- Bring your underwater camera & its waterproof casing to get the best shots.
- We provide drinking water, fresh pineapple & snacks, but you can bring your own as well.
- You must have an Open Water Diver certification or equivalent.
- The minimum age is 10 years old.
- To dive, we require basic swimming skills and overall physical fitness.
- You must complete a medical questionnaire and may need a doctor’s approval if you have any disqualifying conditions.
- If you have questions, please contact Hawaiian Diving Adventures to discuss your particular circumstances before registration.
- When scheduling your dives, allow at least 18 hours after diving before flying. This is important — you cannot fly the same day after scuba diving.
2 Dives – $179
* Gratuity for the captain and crew is voluntary, but if you have a great time on your dives, it is customary to tip 10-20%.
Courses must be booked over the phone: call now at 808-232-3193.