Hawaiian Diving Adventures
Want to do what we do? Want to learn our scuba secrets? Become a professional, go diving, get paid for it. Dive Guide is your first step down the professional path.
The Dive Guide Program is designed for those who like to travel, work overseas, or may be looking for a part time position. Dive Guides guide certified divers but do not assist with courses or supervise student and non-certified divers.
Dive Guide Program is the most intense single program offered by HDA. This program is designed to give students all the skills needed to be a safe diver as well as the knowledge and expertise to also be a great dive professional.
How It Works
This program gives you the skills and experience required to safely lead groups of certified divers. It is also the first step towards an exciting career as an SSI Dive Professional without requiring you to complete an instructor training program. Guides can work for SSI Dive Centers, guiding dives in a variety of environments and conditions. This is a prerequisite for Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, and Open Water Instructor.
This is an intensive 2 week course.
The first week is split between classroom sessions and confined water sessions. Week two is more classroom and pool time but also includes open water dives.
Sessions are usually 4-5 hours long but may be longer depending on how much practice you need.
This course is a big deal! It elevates you from a recreational diver into the realm of the pros. Plan on a serious time and energy commitment, as it takes a lot to learn to do what we do.
Next Dive Guide Course begins 13 February 2023
Call us to get signed up! 808-232-3193
What to Bring
- All divers who are working their way towards earning a Dive Guide Certification must own their own equipment. This includes a wetsuit, fins, mask, snorkel, BCD, regulator, gauge, and dive computer.
- You will also need an SMB and reel, gear bag, cutting device, and compass
- All equipment must be professional grade. Ask us if your gear is up to the challenge!
- The minimum age is 15 years old. (You must be 18 years old to work as an active status Professional Dive Guide).
- You must have specialty certifications or documented experience in the following areas: Deep Diving, Night & Limited Visibility, and Underwater Navigation.
- Have a Diver Stress and Rescue certification or equivalent.
- Must have logged at least 40 open water dives.
- Certified in First Aid/CPR/AED (React Right) within the last 24 months.
- Must have doctor’s approval to dive within the last 12 months
- If you have questions, please contact Hawaiian Diving Adventures to discuss your particular circumstances before registration.
- When scheduling your training dives, you must allow at least 18 hours after diving before flying. This is important — you cannot fly the same day after scuba diving.
Dive Guide Certification
Upon completion of this course, you are qualified to professionally lead certified divers on fun dives. We often hire our graduates into part and full-time positions.
$1,600 (Includes all required training materials)
Courses must be booked over the phone: call now at 808-232-3193.