Oahu Sunset / Night Dives
Hawaiian Diving Adventures
Night Dive Lights
We require all divers to carry a primary dive torch when night diving and a second backup torch is strongly recommended. We also require all night divers to wear some type of solid or strobe light on their tank handle. Glow sticks (also known as “chem lights” or Cyalume light sticks) are okay, but we prefer that you use a reusable lighting solution instead of these single-use chem lights.
Night Diving & Limited Visibility Specialty Course
We also offer a Night Diving and Limited Visibility specialty course that will greatly improve the basic dive skills that you also use during the day. Some of the skills you focus on at night include:
- being more aware
- staying close to your dive buddy
- better controlling your buoyancy by feel
- paying attention to different details than during your daylight dives
- properly handling your dive light
- communicating both underwater and on the surface
- learning to navigate in limited visibility or at night
- exiting and boarding the boat safely
Finally, you get to see a whole range of different behaviors and characteristics displayed by marine life at night.
Please contact Hawaiian Diving Adventures for more information and to schedule a night dive for your group!